Belmont Heights United Methodist Church
Temple Israel Long Beach
Belmont Heights Community Association
3rd District Councilwoman Suzie Price
Emmanuel Presbyterian Church
Joining together annually to "make a difference" in our community of Belmont Heights.
MADD: March 18, 2018
15 welcome baskets for new housing residents
800 peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
400 cookies for our firefighters
60 bags of groceries
built a ramp
11 trees planted
28 blood donors = up to 84 lives saved
20+ Veterans in Spinal Cord Injury unit entertained
blankets and hats for cancer patients
lagoon clean up
El Dorado park clean up
and more reports are coming in!
Look what we did in 2017!
- Collected 20 carts worth of groceries that went to the Aids Food Store, the CSULB Student Pantry, and the Emmanuel Food Bank.
- Assembled 1000+ emergency hygiene kits that went to CSULB students, Beacon for Him Soup Kitchen, Mental Health of America, and the Aids Food Store.
- Made 1800+ PB&J sandwiches for Christian Outreach in Action, which feeds the homeless.
- Bought and filled 300 backpacks for School on Wheels, an organization that tutors homeless kids, so that they can stay in school.
- Planted 20 oxygen-producing trees in our community.
- Designed and installed a clothing sorting & storage system at Beacon for Him, a recovery and homeless services center.
- Hosted a pizza and bingo party for 70 veterans at the Spinal Cord Injury Center at the VA.
- Made 17 soft cuddly fleece blankets that went to comfort AIDS patients and those in wheelchairs. Plus, refurbished the AIDS Food Store donation barrels & outdoor furniture.
- Renovated the tattered Memory Garden at Wilson High School.
- And…Kids baked, decorated, and took “Thank You” cookies to our local firefighters and police, and we gave away 400 pairs of socks to the homeless, and cleaned up Colorado Lagoon, and sang at a local senior rehab, and read to the animals at the SPCA, and planted vegetables & did repairs at Luther Social Services Homeless Outreach Center, and cooked for 350 homeless, and built new garden boxes at Long Beach Organic Garden, and knitted chemo caps for cancer patients.